- For teachers who are keen to engage with a small scale action-based research project in line with school improvement plans. Participants could also identify issues for research through consulting pupils. They will probably start out with a number of ideas and then need to decide which is most suitable and important to pursue in collaboration with their research mentor.
- The research question is central to the success of the research project. This will identify what the research project focus, guide the methodology and keep the teacher-researcher focused. Time spent developing a good research question will ensure that it is practical and specific.
Support: Participants will benefit from:
- Research Methodology Training from the Institute of Education, a Leading centre in education and social research
- On-going research mentor support throughout the project, including in the reporting stages.
- Timescale: maximum of one term
- Teacher Researcher Programme Certification from the Institute of Education upon completion of the programme
- Accreditation: The completion of this course and the body of research that comes out of its completion will constitute the main research component towards an IOE-accredited full Independent study Module (ISM). The ISM has the value of 30 credits towards a Master’s Degree in Teaching
- Teacher Researchers will have full access to the IoE library.
- Project Launch: The project is currently being piloted across the Alliance and will be launched to other staff in the Spring term.
- This course is free of charge.