Learning from research might not seem an obvious starting point but creating a culture in which research, evaluation and evidence are routinely used to identify and understand what works, can be a key to improvement.
Why get involved in research activity?
Research can and has made a real difference to some schools and can provide new and exciting development opportunities for leaders and staff. This is why the New River Teaching School Alliance is keen to place Research and Development at the heart of work to drive school improvement forward.
What is a research-engaged school?
A research-engaged school is one that:
• investigates key issues in teaching and learning
• uses enquiry for staff development
• turns data and experience into knowledge
• uses evidence for decision making
• promotes learning communities